SOBOLEVA Elena Borisovna
(born in 1963, March, 24)
Ph. D., Senior Scientist, Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS
Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS
pr. Vernadskogo, 101, b.1. 119526 Moscow, Russia
Tel.: 7(095) 434-32-83
Ph. D. thesis "Numerical Simulation of Natural Convection in Dusty Gases",
Moscow Aviation Institute (Moscow, Russia)
M.Sc., Moscow Physical-Technical Institute, Department of Molecular
and Chemical Physics (Dolgoprudniy, Moscow Region, Russia)
1986 - 1990
Post graduate, Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS. Moscow, Russia
1990 - 1997
From Engineer to Leading Engineer, Scientific-Industrial Association "EnergoMash".
Himki, Moscow Region, Russia
Senior Scientist, Institute for Problems in Mechanics RAS. Moscow, Russia
- Methods and codes of computational fluid dynamics developed for incompressible
and compressible one-phase and two-phase unsteady flows (with an arbitrary Mach
number and in approximation to low-Mach-number flows).
- 2D codes on the basis of the Euler equations in complicated axisymmetrical geometry.
- 2D codes on the basis of the simplified Navier-Stokes equations (with acoustic "filtering") and full Navier-Stokes
equations with an arbitrary two-parametrical equation of state.
- 2D codes on the basis of the full Navier-Stokes
equations with two-scale splitting of the pressure.
- Using various equations of state (the equation for a perfect gas, the Van der Waals form,
the modified Van der Waals form, the equation of state in mean-field approximation) in numerical codes.
- Finite-difference methods. SIMPLE-type methods and PISO method developed in irregular finite-difference grids.
- Finite-difference methods in Lagrangian variables. Method of large particles
(similar to particle-in-cell method developed by Harlow) for modeling of dispersed impurity in two-phase flows.